With expertise in acquisition, operations, innovation, and information technology, X-Feds brings the full strength of our integrated capabilities to every client, regularly helping clients adopt successful ideas.
X-Feds is able to share with our government clients the benefit of commercial best practices from our decades
of combined experience while our commercial clients profit from the public-sector expertise we’ve developed working on challenges of a scale and complexity only governments address. Because we transcend the defense industry’s conventional categories, we are able to merge the public and private sectors to tackle even the most profound and urgent challenges. We are THE company for all your consulting needs.
NAVY’S FIRST ATO FOR AZURE
X-Feds is currently working with Microsoft and NAVSEA to achieve the first cloud RMF ATO.
NAVAL AFLOAT NETWORKS ARCHITECTURE DEVELOPMENT, ENGINEERING AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT
X-Feds supported development of shipboard network architectures and standards. Developed systems interface exchange requirements, key performance parameters, system/operational/technical architecture “views” in accordance with the Department of Defense Architecture Framework.
NAVAL AFLOAT NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEERING
X-Feds supported development and integration of shipboard network security architectures, configurations,
and solutions. These efforts included review and development of security documentation, shipboard network security engineering; review and development of shipboard network security documentation; oversight and engineering of critical security issues; review and integration of shipboard network security technologies and associated architectures. These technologies may include multi-level security & coalition solutions, implementation of computer network defense solutions, anti-virus, OPSEC monitoring tools, and router security access control lists.
INTELLIGENCE, SURVEILLANCE, AND RECONNAISSANCE STANDARDS DEVELOPMENT
X-Feds developed ISR Standards profile Architecture and ISR pilot efforts.
NAVAL AFLOAT WIRELESS NETWORKS ENGINEERING
We have supported the future integration of shipboard wireless network security architectures, configurations, and solutions.
SYSTEM DESIGN AND ARCHITECTURE ENGINEERING SUPPORT – SPACE AND NAVAL WARFARE COMMAND CHIEF ENGINEER (SPAWAR 5.0)
X-Feds has been working with SPAWAR 5.0 with design and architecture engineering services since 2003.
X-Feds has acted as the Navy’s Networks and Communications WG Co-lead to help produce the Navy’s
Next generation architectures. X-Feds produced documents to support the Navy’s Master Plan and also the Architecture and Standards document for OPNAV and the Marine Corps C4I requirements organizations.
X-Feds performed the following duties in regards to this role:
Evaluated commercially available solutions
Develop an executable migration plan for the Navy’s C4I infrastructure for all OSI layers
SYSTEM ENGINEERING SUPPORT – SPAWAR SYSTEMS CENTER GLOBAL POSITIONING AND APPLIED NAVIGATION DIVISION
X-Feds provided assessments to the principal Navy R&D Center and laboratory for Navigation Sensors and Systems for platform and compatibility issues with the addition of integrated navigational systems using open architecture receivers. We researched fleet and platform needs in regards for advanced navigational systems and potential platforms for compatibility, integration, and capability. In addition, we also generated presentation materials for Government personnel to make educated decisions about the future of platform and fleet needs to complete required missions.
SPAWAR TASK FORCE WEB (TFW) IT-21 STRATEGIC FOCUS TEAM
- Wrote the end to end architecture and end state vision, requirements, architecture, and program modifications (technical and programmatic) for the final team report in addition to the Information Assurance (IA) recommendations over the FYDP
- Assessed and evaluated the overall capabilities for the current and future IT-21 architectures.
- Provided inputs and support coordination between the services, access, and transport teams for the Strategic Focus team
- Provided analysis of IA assessments and capabilities and requirements for the IT-21 architecture and coordinated with the PMW 160, the networks and IA program office for the Navy.
- Provided specific support to the services team in the areas of application use analysis and program assessments.
PRIME MISSION PRODUCTS ENGINEERING
- Provided product engineering support to shipboard network, network services, and Information Assurance products
- Developed a Top Level Architecture framework for shipboard networks
- Developed roadmap for the transition of PMW 160 security products to be compliant with IPv6 standards
ARCHITECTURE DESIGN AND EVALUATION
- Coordinated the development of future architectures in support of SPAWAR 5.0, specifically in the areas of communications, networks, and distributed services
- Developed technical standards document for future architectures in support of SPAWAR 5.0
- Developed Interface Exchange Requirements (IERs), Key Performance Parameters (KPPs), and elements of the DoD Architecture Framework views for Naval Afloat Networks program
- Participated in the Naval Integrated Information Network (NIIN) initiative. Developed a framework for consolidation of future shipboard networks. Coordinated all NIIN IPT meetings in the last two years. Researched and developed a list of over 200 NIIN specs, standards, QPL, and drawings, which will potentially transition to SPAWAR.
Provided engineering support for wireless network spectrum management issues
- Provided comprehensive engineering support to address common security issues between the Naval Afloat Networks Program Office and the Information Systems Security Program Office
- Developed Clinger Cohen required C4I Afloat Networks Information Assurance Strategy
- Developed an Information Assurance Master Plan for the Afloat Networks Program
- Developed security sections for the Naval Afloat Networks Operational Requirements Document (ORD) revision
- Provided engineering solutions for multiple shipboard Computer Network Defense efforts, including shipboard web server security settings, Embedded Firewalls (EFW) on the shipboard network, router security Access Control Lists, and vulnerability scanning
- Developed Secure Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) integration roadmap for the Navy’s Information security program
TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT – WIRELESS NETWORKS/PDA SECURITY
- X-Feds personnel acted as the Navy’s technical lead for design of secure WLANs and PDAs in shipboard environments
- Developed technical security guidance for design and implementation of wireless local area networks on ships and submarines
- Participated in Secure WLAN prototype effort with SPAWAR and PMW-160 to prototype a Type 1 secure WLAN (Harris SECNET-11) on the USS Coronado
- Provided security engineering for PMS-400 efforts to add Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS-140) compliant encryption and software upgrades to the wireless local area network on DDG-83, DDG-87, and Mine Countermeasure (MCM) ships
- Coordinated Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) “Innovation Cell” meetings with Commander Fleet Forces Command (CFFC) and the Naval Network Warfare Command (NETWARCOM). Coordinated and facilitated NETWARCOM Wireless Networks Summit conference
- Developed security assessments for proposed implementations of WLAN and Bluetooth technologies, Pocket PC devices, proposed for both shipboard and NMCI environments
TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT – MULTI-LEVEL SECURITY
- Coordinated and participated in an industry conference to discuss Multi-Level Security (MLS) and Multiple Single Level (MSL) security requirements, technologies, and emerging products
- Developed strategy for future MSL product integration efforts
- Reviewed Multi-security level (MSL) vendor products for use with the shipboard network
- Coordinated potential addition of Multi-Level Security requirements in the C4I Afloat Networks (C4IAN) Operational Requirements Document, currently under revision
- Researched and provided a summary of informal MSL operational requirements and test objectives for the USS Mt. Whitney MLS product demo
- Prepared design packages for integration of the DII Guard, Coalition Data Server, and Trusted Computer Systems multi-level Thin Client workstation products with the shipboard network.
- Personnel have extensive experience with development and management of Department of Defense ACAT programs
- Provided support to ACAT strategy development for C4I Afloat Networks, Multi-Level Security, Secure Voice, and Crypto Modernization programs